MET's Costume Institute Gala - Honoring Chanel

KettyKet usually loves, adores, worships the Met's annual Costume Institute Gala. One day, if I successfully wish upon a star, I'll be able to go to the party myself. (insert Cinderella dreams)
Honestly, I've had that dream for awhile - much like my Kevin Aucoin wish that he would be able to do my make-up at least once, but alas, that dream faded away. So one out of two, God? Are you there?

Usually there is a grand theme for the evening, be it "Goddess" or "Jungle" or what have you. Tonight, the theme was Coco Chanel, but the guests seemed to dress in outfits that appeared to have no rhyme nor reason. People showed up in everything from a prom dress (Carmen Electra, Jessica Simpson) to attempting to look like a living, breathing Oscar statuette (Elle MacPherson).

And then the troubled (coke abuser) Donatella Versace and her equally troubled (Holy 'rexic) daughter look like some bizarro world Celebrity Deathmatch contestants. Seriously. I worry about both of them.


Sigh. Liam Neeson, I liked you a lot more before you allegedly cheated on your attractive & talented wife.


The Olsen twins - together again! Just look at that pose, though. Ashley totally knows she's the 'normal' twin and is eating it up (no pun intended, of course)...



Um...yeah, Carmen. I passed on this dress the first time I saw it - in the JC Penney 1996 Prom Catalogue.

I can't decide if I approve of Amanda Peet's attire. It IS very Coco, but it might be too frou-frou. Flowers AND ruffles AND headband? Survey says....overboard.

In the fashion wars, a sub-par performance from typical Grand Slam champ, Nicole Kidman.

Pockets in a dress? I repeat, pockets in a dress? Some things were never intended for combination (i.e. pockets in a dress).


I'm sorry, Kimora. I honestly think that Coco would agree with me that your dress would look more appropriate on a wedding cake figurine than at a career retrospective for Chanel's work. But I know you're all about whatever business proposition is sent your way - so consider it - your dresses atop wedding cakes across the land. Millions of dollars to be made (but not from disrespecting bitches asses, obvs)


Golden Girl, Elle.

Award for most-stylin couple who keep it real- yes, my friends, it goes to Marilyn Manson and Dita. Because you know it's true.


Let me hear ya say Coca-Cola!


Oh, Linda, how the mighty have fallen... Still look good, but not the $10,000/day gal anymore.


Jessica hearts Laura Ashley. (I admit- I'm biased against dresses with flowers).


Apparently, Jennifer Connolly had a strip of velcro running across her chest & then ran into a family of ostrich on her way to the gala. Hey now, it could happen to anyone.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs, and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy. Thank you.church of the nazarene wedding vows

church of the nazarene wedding vows

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home