Mariah Spills and Reveals


Mariah. MC. Mimi. You're growing on me. No really. You're surviving and I'm digging it. You're even dare I say, maturing. I mean, you've used a high school word in your new album title- no middle-school "Rainbow" or "Butterfly" or "Daydream" or even "Charmbracelet" for you. At the rate you were going, I'd anticipated that you'd title this latest piece "My Little Pony," but no, you surprised me with "The EMANCIPATION of Mimi." Congrats - let's throw some Glitter to celebrate.

Your latest interview in america magazine got me. Especially the part about Tupac. Because yes, KettyKet dug him, too.

On her way back upstairs from the photo room, she passes through the kitchen. On the wall hangs a framed photo of Tupac Shakur immersed in a bubble bath. She fans herself dramatically as she points it out. "Everybody always told me that he liked my music and I was always complimented by that." When asked if they ever met, Mariah lets out a rush of breath.

"Mmm hmmm... It was at the Grammys. He was driving by in this white Rolls Royce -- this was when I was still with Tommy -- and he just stops and I see him, and he's like, 'Hey Mariah.'" She does her best Tupac-in-a-white-Rolls-Royce impersonation: one hand on the wheel, one arm hanging out the window. "I just said hi and then I had to go back in. He said, 'Bye Mariah,' and I ran back inside like this..." She runs up the stairs to the alcove, lifting an imaginary ball gown and looking wistfully over her shoulder. "Ahhhh," she groans, half-laughing. "It could have been perfect."



The interview also clues us in to the fact that Mariah once lived with a couple named Ernie and Mort:

They [4th grade bullies] could have focused on the fact that Mariah and her mother had just moved in with Ernie and Mort, a gay couple who'd given Mariah the most stable home she'd had since her parents' divorce.

Ernie and Mort explains a lot - as does this one final fact:

Today, seven years after the divorce, Mariah insists she can still count on one hand how many sexual partners she's had.

Let's see - Tommy Mottola, Eminem, Derek Jeter, Luis Miguel, and ??? - is that really all? That makes me feel like such a slut.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home