Ashley Judd on UK

Lucky us - Miss Ashley will be periodically publishing her thoughts on UK's March Madness journey. There was a time when I really liked her - she's a Kentucky gal, I'm a Kentucky gal. And then I met her and for some reason, she didn't want to be BFF's, so I dropped her like a hot potato and haven't looked back since.

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but haven't, but think I will now. Everyone up here in the big ole city is always asking me, what's in Kentucky besides whiskey, horses and rednecks? Do you wear shoes down there? (as my dad would say - only when we cross the Ohio River b/c we're scared of what we might step into...) blah di blah - people - you simply don't realize all the cool, hot Kentuckians - Jersey should be so lucky....just a few:

Johnny Depp, Diane Sawyer, Hunter Thompson, Muhammed Ali, George Clooney, Rebecca Gayheart, Babydaddy (Scissor Sisters), Steve Zahn lives there now, Tom Cruise (briefly) , Laura Bell Bundy (she does Broadway), Barbara Kingsolver, 'Arab' (per Ann Coulter) Helen Thomas, Loretta Lynn (& hordes of other country music stars), some of the Backstreet Boys, W.T. Young (started Jif peanut butter) Dwight Yoakum, My Old Kentucky Blog, Veiled Conceit, and eh, what the hell, Ashley Judd.



AND - hot on the heels of this...only a few more months til Cameron Crowe's movie made in and about Kentucky - Elizabethtown - comes out and EVERYONE will want to be an honorary Kentuckian - seriously, I've been following the progress of that movie since it was in development - I'm hopeful that it's gonna replace Almost Famous as my most favorite movie ever in the whole wide world... As whatevs would say...so much buzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home