Have ya'll ever noticed that bad TV shows are sooo much better when you watch in a hotel room? You don't want to turn them off. I swear, last night I watched "Charmed" all the way through, then switched over to Kelly Ripa on David Letterman (if anyone else saw that, she's got herself some white teeth - time for the Britesmile intervention). If there was an old school infomercial for Ginsu Knives on, I swear I could've stayed up til 4am. Got up this morning and kept right on going with the 'Charmed' marathon. I felt like Frances Bean (maybe not the most appropriate link, but it came to mind). And then I jumped on the bed, just for the hell of it. It's fun.
Beyond that, I love Louisville. I love Bardstown Road. West Louisville - eh, not so much. I think I need to get my pants professionally cleaned because I visited a house that just reeked of cat urine. Went out to dinner afterwards and I think people ran the other way when they smelled me coming.
And I love the good old boys who just roamed the lobby. They're a completely different breed. Even New York Southern transplants are such a chiller bunch with less (i.e. no) gel on their hair. And the girls down there... I love their little pastel, matching suits and summer sandels and perfect hair. It's not me - it's the girl I would be if my mother got her wish. But I know I'm home when I see them and it makes me smile.
Anyway. had to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home