Bad, bad, bad idea

Okay, we can hope for the best, but I have it on good authority (like this is a shocker) that in the opinion of many Clinton alums and present Democratic leaders that Dean as head of the DNC will be a disaster. And the hits just keep on coming...

Can I just say, regarding Dean, that one of my favorite (though embarrassing for both the other person and me) moments during the election cycle came when I was at a MoveOn.org event where the Roots were playing. Mind you, this was a big 'Get Out the Vote' event where several different commercials were being previewed and one would think that if you were involved in the event, you would have a minor interest in politics. I spoke to one of the members, who shall remain nameless, and as we were talking, Dean walked by. Said the band member (not
?uestlove): "He looks like a politician, right?"
I'm like, "Uh, yeah, he does." (thinking, of course he looks like a politician - where are you going with this?)
Band member: "Wonder who he is..."
Me: "You know who that is, right? Are you serious?" (a little incredulous that he hadn't seen footage of the Dean scream)
Him: "No."
Me: "That's Howard Dean...you know - Dean, Dean scream?" (at which point I embarrassed myself by attempting the scream)
Him: "Uh, no. I think I should probably head backstage now."
So - I guess I made him feel a little stupid and of course, I made myself look ridiculous, so we were even. And I, of course, also blew my chances of hooking up with him after the show...(no, I'm kidding about that - of course we still hooked up....obvs)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home