Oh my god, I have to see this show

Okay, where have I been...I'm obviously not as hooked into pop culture as I thought. How could I have missed this show - do I even get the Outdoor Life Network on my cable plan? All I have to say is I laughed out loud when I read some of this article. I've never hunted in my life (nor do I have any real desire to, but I want to meet him. Tred Barta sounds like one of your crazy uncles. An excerpt (and for some unknown reason I have the theme song of "Cops" going through my head as I read - 'Bad Boys, Bad Boy, whacha gonna do?': An excerpt:

TRED BARTA believes many things. He believes that hunting dogs should earn their place by the campfire, and that hunters should earn their trophies the hard way. For Mr. Barta personally, this means hunting pheasant with a bow and arrow, a method only slightly more reliable than trying to catch one with a pair of salad tongs.

In a regular column he writes for Sport Fishing magazine, he commonly describes mishaps even worse that happen when the television cameras are away, like the time he accidentally ran over a raccoon near his home in Southampton, N.Y., and, hoping to take its pelt, got out and grabbed it only to discover that it was still alive. Before he was able to put it out of its misery, it tore into his hand. "Now bleeding all over my truck," he recounted, "I spilled coffee in my lap."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Your issues are so important and your post is aimed at all Americans and the world community. I just wanted to thank you. Maybe shark fishing isn't exactly related to your blog but I think reading your blog may just help. Keep up the great articles and blogs.

See you later
RT at shark fishing

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home