The Early Bird Special - a rather tame account of a hard lesson learned

Oh f**k. Went to the early bird special last night (i.e. my friend could only get dinner reservations at this one place at 6:30pm) and there were 18 of us so we had to do it big. Wine, champagne, blah, blah. Flirty boy buys a lap dance for me. The dancer comes up in my face all "You're beautiful, dance with me." I'm not drunk enough yet to dance with her. Go to a hookah bar afterwards. More wine. Go down to Tribeca to yet another bar. I'm all getting flirty, so of course, I smooch one of the guys. Of course. At this point, it's like 10-10:30pm? Embarrassing how out of it I already am by this point. I know better than to drink too much wine - it seriously makes me crazy. I run into 2 gals from my sorority in college who I haven't seen in 3 years. This is bad. They're all "talk talk talk" in my face and all I can think is "what is your name? I know exactly who you are, but what is your name? Why isn't your name coming to me?" I feel like I dwelled on that thought for like 5 minutes - I know I sounded retarded. Oh f**k, I didn't pace myself. I hang out with flirty boy for a bit - but have another party to go to which I know full well I won't make it to. I'm ridiculous and for my own safety and name, I know enough to get myself home.

Home by 1am. lame. without my phone and without flirty boy - ha. God- it was so early. I have no idea what bar I was at in Tribeca and I lost my phone. Silent prayer that I can get back the phone because I have no access to anybody without it. I deserve to get it back though because I once found a phone in the back of a cab the very day that my cell phone quit working (got it wet for the last time) andI actually returned it. I should have some karma coming to me...So yeah, Doug, if you're reading this, check your email - where were we? And explain to flirty boy that I was just not myself - it was the wine and the hookah... And Adam, this explains why you had a few voicemails from me - I couldn't remember where your party was...
Lesson learned - stay away from those early bird specials.

UPDATE: Phone's been found. Karma rocks. And flirty boy called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home