Johnny & Winona - Blast from the Past

The following post is going to make me feel ancient, but I couldn't help myself.

A few years ago, I was studying abroad in Oxford, England. For some reason, a group of teenagers who were maybe 3-5 years younger than me had a program in the same college I was at for a few weeks (maybe a spring break thing). We were all watching television in the same Commons area one day when a Will Smith video came on - I think it was Men in Black 2.

The kids who were seated near me then proceeded to say, "I hate it when movie stars try to sing and rap. It's so lame. Like J. Lo. I can't believe Will Smith is doing this."

Upon hearing these statements, my ears perked up. "Oh my god, am I really that old?! I'm only 20! And these kids never knew that Will Smith was actually the Fresh Prince and that really, what was lame was that he was trying to act when everyone knew he was really a pop/rap singer...."

Anyway, I had a flashback to that day when I read the following comment on JJB today regarding photos of Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder (royalty when I was growing up):
"I didn't know they went out. That is TOO cute. I wonder why they broke up?"
Okay, first of all, Winona and Johnny were hardcore. They were not "TOO cute." - 'Winona, aka, Wino forever,' anyone?
Next, pictures of Johnny with Kate Moss were posted, to which someone else asked: "I didn't know they dated!"

Am I the oldest person who reads JJB? It's not like Johnny Depp and his fabulous girlfriends were obscure...anyway- I just had to have a freak-out moment (or 10). I'm not that old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home