Just Like A Woman



KettyKet is a child of the '80s. That's why, just easily as I can spot (and hear) a snap bracelet a mile away, I can see that Christina is rockin the glassy-eyed, red-lipsticked, shellacked-hair look that is known as the Robert Palmer chick.

Along with Madonna (during her 'Like A Prayer' and 'Justify My Love' days) and the girl in the Billy Idol 'Cradle of Love' video, little 10-year-old me thought these were the prettiest girls in the world (sigh)...so yes, dear mom, those MTV images that you so desperately tried to keep from me (along with the Barbie dolls) really did make an impression. And I say that relatively seriously. It's fascinating how the images you digest as a child play a roll in your adulthood. And can explain the sociological phenomenon of modern-day dating in New York, right? Anyway.


The Billy Idol 'Cradle of Love' video still remains one of my faves - so sexy, sexy. Seriously, it's hot. Gang- you can find it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home